Monday, April 7, 2014

What do I like about acting?


Theatre is performing. Which connects to speaking in crowds or speeches. Even talking in class when the teacher calls on you. Theatre helps you on that department because in Theatre you are constantly performing what you created. The scenes. The characters. The everything. I like acting because is helps me to become stronger.

There are numerous things I like about acting. It's mainly the feeling I get just before I perform something on stage or in front of a camera of some sort. The butterflies come and go each and every time and for some strange reason it feels slightly good. I have been participating in acting activities and such since freshmen year of high school and I have to tell you it helps build confidence. That is why I love doing it. It helps me to speak up to people and also to feel better about myself and what I am capable of doing.

Acting isn't just getting on stage and following a script all day. You have to emotionally and psychically involve yourself in it. Within it. If you can not "feel" your character then it's not true acting. There are many actors on TV who show very little acting skills. Often never changing the expression on their face or just plain slacking. The way they got famous I do not know but acting should most definitely not be something you do to just get famous for. You have to feel it. Don't slack. Get serious. Get real.

No comments:

Post a Comment